2016 Unity Day and iBall Knockout Basketball Tournament
Register as a single player and also play with a team. There are 5 divisions so all ages are welcome! Team up with your daughter, auntie, and grandpa all on the same team!
$3000 in Cash and Prizes! More prizes announce at the Event!
There will be carnival games, face painting, food trucks, vendors, entertainment, music and more!
Special for Non-Profits: The first 15 Non-Profits, Public Service agencies, churches, and school programs and associations will qualify for a cash prize award of $1000.
PARTICIPATING NON-PROFITS (last update 5/25)
- Pottstown Downtown Improvement Ditrict Authority
- Victory Gospel Apostolic ministries International
- Kingdom Life Church
- All Kings on Deck
- The Strive Initiative
- Heart of God Family Worship Center
- Steel River Playhouse
- Foundation for Pottstown Education
- Jehovah Jirah
- Pottstown Crossfit
WHEN / WHERE
Saturday June 11, 2016 Spuce Street Park 742 Spruce St. Pottstown, PA 19464 from 10am – 3pm
- 9am – 10am Pre-Registration for all players & teams *free registration is ongoing throughout the day)
- 10am – 3pm Carnival Games, Food Trucks, Music
- 10am – 1pm Knockout Basketball Elimination Rounds
- Elementary – Court A
- Middle – Court B
- High School – Court C
- Court D Competitions
- 10am-11:30 am – Hall of Fame (40 and Over)
- 11:30am – 1pm – All Star Division (18-39)
- 1pm – 2pm Performances & Competitions
- Dance Team
- Hula Hoop Competition – presented by ID Life
- Half Court Shoot Out – benefitting Foundation for Pottstown Education
- 2pm – 3pm Championship Rounds & Awards
- High School
- All Star
- Hall of Fame
- Champions Competition
- Winning Team announced
- SAW-wear, Soldiers at war, LLC
- Candle Krazy
- Jewelry by Jolene
- Roasted Liberties
- Gormet Mac & Cheese
United Communities Knockout Tournaments fill up fast. Participation is limited and on first come first served basis!
ABOUT CASH AND PRIZES
$3000 in Cash and Prizes will be Awarded Through the 2016 iBall United Community and Healthy Families Initiatives.
Group Champion (5) – $125
Tournament Champion – $250
Team Champion – $500
Non-Profit Knockout Competition – $1000 (5/25 at iBall National Combine)
More Prizes and Awards will be announced at the event.
iBall Unity Day 2016
iBall Unity Day is an out-door community event that promotes community unity and social engagement through physical activities that are suitable for all ages. All members of Pottstown and surrounding areas are Free to participate in this fun-filled day which will feature the legendary basketball game of Knockout, food trucks, music, community informaiton, special guests, and $3000 in prizes and giveaways. The cost is Free for all participants.
When: June 11, 2016
Location: Spruce Street Park, Spruce and Gay Streets, Pottstown, PA 19464
What is iBall?
iBall United is Sports Marketing, Management and Consulting company founded by Pottstown Native, Howard Brown. iBall hosts its National Pro Basketball Combine in Pottstown. The event supports community development, benefits local charities, and offers a platform for youth to be exposed to professional caliber athletics. Professional basketball prospects (NCAA graduating seniors and current international pros) from across the country and globe will flock to participate on June 25th and 26th.
What is the Game of Knockout?
Knockout is played by shooting the basketball from the foul line with the objective of making the shot before the person that is shooting directly in front of you. If you make it before the person directly in front of you then that person is knocked out the competition. The last person that remains in the competition without being knocked out will win the competition.
Who Can Play?
Players of all ages may participate. There are 5 age divisions. (Elemantary, Middle, High, Young Adult (18-39), and Adult (40-up). Each player may play as an indidual or with a team. Each team can have a max of five players. Prizes will be awarded to all age divisions, overall winner, and winning team.
What are the Benefits of NON-PROFIT Participation?
- On Saturday, June 11 at Spruce Street Park, leadership and families of your organization will compete in the Unity Day Knockout Basketball Challenge. Cash and Prizes will be awarded to individuals, teams, and general attendees. Your participation is free.
- One of 15 non-profit organizations to compete on Saturday, June 25 at Pottstown Senior High School, in the Non-Profit Knockout Showdown. You will designate one individual to represent your organization to play one game of knockout. The winning player will win their organization an award of $1000 which will be presented publicly to all in attendance.
- Recognition of your organization on the iBall Event Website, Social Media, and Newspaper and E-newspaper articles as a community partner of the iBall Healthy Families Initiative.
- Free Tickets to iBall National Pro Combine to be distributed to members of your organization. Entry includes participation in the Healthy Families Basketball Clinic.
- (Optional) Send organization representatives to man tables for the promotion your organization, solitic registration or volunteers to programs and initiatives. 500 & 1000 attendees are expected. (both events)
- (Optional) Send youth on iBall Pro Combine Tour (June 25) to meet key staff and players.